Welcome to fireflyprops.net. Click here to register

Chinese checkers board

Episode 2 - The Train Job

Chinese checkers board

Postby F-N-S » Thu May 21, 2009 8:39 pm

Well, it's a chinese checkers board :mrgreen: If you want one look for "teak chinese checkers" and you should find it without problems.
"We're gonna get that show back on the air!"
F-N-S
Pilot of this shiny forum

Re: Chinese checkers board

Postby Beesa-Pesal » Sat May 23, 2009 6:33 am

Cool find!
Interesting they put this in as Chinese checkers is actually German. :/ There is Chinese chess though, which is Chinese and extremely intense.
Hi!
Beesa-Pesal
Blue Hand guy

Postby keelhauler » Thu May 28, 2009 3:59 am

This scene always makes me laugh!! I will definitely have to pick up one of these!
"Heard tell they used to keelhaul traitors back in the day" ~ Malcolm Reynolds
keelhauler
Browncoat

Postby Yellowjacket » Tue Jun 09, 2009 4:28 pm

Yeah. As near as I can tell, the same board that they are using can be purchased through Clovis Design...

http://www.clovisdesign.com/IDS/images/ ... eckers.jpg
Yellowjacket
Browncoat

Postby neverAcquiesce » Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:50 pm

Anybody have a bead on this set? An 800+ Ebay hit yielded nada, and the only store that stocks it, La Zinnia Home Decor wants $59.95 plus $18.95 shipping which seems a bit high.
neverAcquiesce
Independent Soldier

Postby Yellowjacket » Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:16 pm

No, that about what they cost. I've found them before in other places, and they are not cheap.
Yellowjacket
Browncoat

Postby neverAcquiesce » Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:33 pm

Right on. Figures the set they chose to use is an expensive one. Couldn't have been some $15 set, could it?
neverAcquiesce
Independent Soldier

Postby keelhauler » Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:03 pm

I never did get one of these. Never found one for what I considered a reasonable price.

The set is also known as "Classic Chinese Checkers" and came in this box:

My searching found that it used to be a common version (made by Wood Expressions, I believe) but now appears to be out of production. ToysRUs and Walmart used to carry it for $45 and Barnes&Noble and Sears used to have it. Aside from the place you mentioned, I only found one other place that sells it: http://www.beersteingiftsandgames.com/ex493112w.html. They charge $55 plus $10.25. A little cheaper, but still a lot.

If you come across a place that sells these cheaper, please post, as i would definitely like to get one.

Cheers,

KH
"Heard tell they used to keelhaul traitors back in the day" ~ Malcolm Reynolds
keelhauler
Browncoat

Postby jason1976 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:33 pm

I'm Really, really, cheep, but I have to say, these are really not that bad of prices. (IMHO) I mean, you could got to the hardware store, and buy some wood, drill all those wholes yourself, and do all the detailing, then go find all those colors of Marbles. And if your lucky be able to do a "replica" for $15. to $20. (if your lucky) Or you could just "suck it up", pay a little more, and get a set, that is ready to go, and is most likely made buy the company that made the one used on the show. I mean, it's your money, but most folks here have shelled out way more then that for an unfinished resin kit, and this is a finished Prop.

Ok, Ok, I'm a little partial, as I love "Chinese Checkers". :) I haven't played it in years, but I have a cheep card bord set that I have owned since i was 5, and I used to play it with my Grandpa all the time, and it is a blast.:) I'm not much of a board game person, but I love this game. (and regular checkers as well. )

I may have to pick up one os these sets, later this year, after I make some more room, for my firefly stuff.

Thank you so much for the info, gang. :)
jason1976
Browncoat

Postby neverAcquiesce » Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:55 pm

Yeah, I think I'm gonna have to snag one of these eventually.

Ya know, with the right number and color of beads one could easily design an Independent logo on the board...
neverAcquiesce
Independent Soldier

Next

Return to The Train Job