Welcome to fireflyprops.net. Click here to register

Jayne's Knife

Episode 3 - Bushwacked

Jayne's Knife

Postby keelhauler » Wed May 27, 2009 4:55 pm

Here's a pic of one of the knives the Alliance guys find in Jayne's bunk. I haven't tried to ID it yet, but thought someone here might know what it is or want to investigate.

"Heard tell they used to keelhaul traitors back in the day" ~ Malcolm Reynolds
keelhauler
Browncoat

Re: Jayne's Knife

Postby Justanuthercap » Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:05 pm

Hard to tell from that cap, but is that a stag handle? It looks to "hook" at the end just past the hand. The very straight line bevel on the blade should help IDing this. Think I'll give it a shot.
Jayne: (mock reading Simon's journal) "Dear Diary...today I was pompous and my sister was crazy." (flips page) "Today, we were kidnapped by hill folk never to be seen again. It was the best day ever."
Justanuthercap
terrifying space monkey

Postby Badger » Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:25 pm

Handle looks like bone to me.

It's a standard pattern Bowie knife. I believe the pronounced shape of the blade back may be a shadow.

Badger
I said I'd do my best. I didn't say it would be any good.
Badger
The one and only Badger

Postby Justanuthercap » Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:11 pm

Anyone have any luck ID'ing this yet? I thought it would be a piece of cake but no luck so far. The handguard had a unique "notch" on at least one (possibly both) end but I can't find a maker that does that.
Jayne: (mock reading Simon's journal) "Dear Diary...today I was pompous and my sister was crazy." (flips page) "Today, we were kidnapped by hill folk never to be seen again. It was the best day ever."
Justanuthercap
terrifying space monkey

Postby Miker » Fri Apr 10, 2015 5:35 pm

I have been going through old posts and am distraught by the amount of pictures that were once displayed here that are no longer available. Very sad
"If anyone gets nosy, just...you know... shoot em"
Miker
Independent Soldier

Postby jason1976 » Wed Apr 15, 2015 12:18 pm

It's sad, but It happens with any forum. The way we post changes over time. I used to post my pics to an FTP sight, and post them on the RPF, but the provider of the FTP site took down the site, and I lost everything (some of pictures I don't have any other copies of. :( ) When that site went came down, so did all the pictures I had posted to RPF and A.S.A.P./Dewback Wing. Hundreds of pics gone, in seconds. For me to dig the all up again off my harddrive. (the ones I still had that is) and post them to another site, and then go back through hundreds of threads, replacing the links, would have been a crazy amount of work, just to bring the pics back to long dead threads, that were only going to be viewed from time, to time, by newbies.

Other folks use other storage sites, and ways of posting, their pics, but the idea is the same. Eventually, the pics come down, and to replace them all, is too much work, for old topics. UNLESS, someone actually asks for the pics. If some one asks for some pics that aren't up any more, most folks are usually happy to help, if, and when, they can.
jason1976
Browncoat

Postby AZSneed » Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:15 am

The down side of the Cloud, here today, gone tomorrow.
AZSneed
Browncoat

Postby Miker » Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:06 am

Thanks for the update. I didn't understand why they disappeared.
"If anyone gets nosy, just...you know... shoot em"
Miker
Independent Soldier

Return to Bushwacked