Welcome to fireflyprops.net. Click here to register

Silver Food Box

Episode 4 - Shindig

Re: Silver Food Box

Postby taimdala » Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:56 pm

GREAT JOB, JULIAN!!!!

Oooh! Coconut! I *love* coconut.

And *sighhhhhh* I stumbled upon this party a little too late. Just looking at the box, however, I could see right away that it was an Asian supermarket product. I just couldn't make out what or which.

Packaging design for so many things is so fleeting, I doubt that I could go to my town's Grand Asia Market and find this on the shelf. Or even the Korean grocery up the street from me.

Heck, even the product inside the packaging can be ephemeral: just the other week I went to Grand Asia to pick up my favorite cookie, a coconut flavored, lightly glazed tea biscuit ... only to find that instead of a rectangular cellophane wrapped brick of stacked cookies encased in its iconic silver foil wrapper, the cookie company has packaged shorter stacks of the cookies inside a plastic tray encased in the iconic silver foil wrapper. The result: fewer cookies, same price, and apprehension that my favorite Asian cookie is swirling the drain in sales.

Damn.
"Never, never, never give in ... except to convictions of honor and good sense."
taimdala
Browncoat

Postby JHiggins » Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:30 pm

According to my source, and them not appearing on the companies website, I assume they're no longer made:

He says: "I've never seen them, and when I do an internet search for it, I see people saying things like 'Does anyone remember that iNet snack from back in the day?' So I don't think they are still made anymore."
JHiggins
Blue Hand guy

Postby taimdala » Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:50 pm

JHiggins wrote:According to my source, and them not appearing on the companies website, I assume they're no longer made:

He says: "I've never seen them, and when I do an internet search for it, I see people saying things like 'Does anyone remember that iNet snack from back in the day?' So I don't think they are still made anymore."

*sigh* Figures. :roll:

Still, the font and the box really looks cool.
"Never, never, never give in ... except to convictions of honor and good sense."
taimdala
Browncoat

Previous

Return to Shindig